High quality, slow grown redwood decking board, pressure treated light green. Extend your own tranquil oasis into your garden by building a delightful decking area. The timber not only looks fantastic, but is also hard wearing and resistant to rot due to the pressure treatment.
Features of Softwood Deck Board
- Size: 3600 x (ex 125 x 32mm) 120 x 28mm. All Somerlap decking boards are 3600mm in length and 125mm wide. There are two depths of board to choose from: either 32mm or 28mm.
- Before being planed down to depths of 32mm and 28mm (the two choice of depths), the sawn timber has an original depth of 38mm and 32mm.
- Pressure treated redwood. Responsibly sourced FSC certified timber.
Care and treatment
- Treat with a protective oil or stain after purchase, then repeat every two to four years.
- Ensure the timber is clean and dry before applying treatment. Wash the surface of the timber using a sponge and warm soapy water. Clean off any timber residue with brush as well.
- Ensure you treat the timber only when there’s no more than 20% moisture within the timber. You can either use a moisture meter or simply press a screw into timber and see if water seeps out – if dry then the timber is ready to be painted.
Delivery and installation
- To work out the number of decking boards needed for your own garden, multiply the length of the given area by the width, then divide by 0.432 (0.432m2 is the area of one deck board). The number you come to is the number of decking boards that is needed.
- We will do our best to deliver, but whether we are able to, will depend on your location. Please refer to our delivery guide for rates or call our helpful sales team – 01278 641 671.
- Alternatively, the item is available for collection from our Somerset site. For more information or advice, please do not hesitate to contact a Somerlap sales adviser.